Freelance Working Women: Balance your work and family

19:38

A few months back I was at a party, where my aunt asks me about my profession. But, alas! She did not understand freelancing. So, I said… I work from home and submit my write-ups through Emails. She thought I was joking and this cannot happen.

This is the most common case in our country. Taking bags on your shoulder are the only way to tell that you are a working woman. Lastly, she agrees with what I do. Now, her words are little different… Oh! Then it must very thrilling. Her expression makes feel about her excitement. I said “No”.

I need to balance my work and family life even at home. It looks easy, but apart from a freelancer, you need to know time management. Sometimes, your family also does not understand that you are on work assignment on a daily basis. In today’s life, family life is important to a woman as well as work life.

“We are late for the dinner”, my mother said on her wedding anniversary. I agree with her and I was busy that day with my assignments. That day, I thought to balance my work life and family life.

Set work routine

Work routine will help you complete your work on time. Fix the hours of your work and give a hint to your family about your working hours. Therefore, nobody comes in and disturb you.

Productive timing for work

Many of you do not like to spend the night hours in your assignments. So, you can choose few hours during daytime. Be loyal to your working hours at home and complete your work.

Throw your stress

Do not panic when your laundryman did not come to take clothes. You take a short of 10 minutes break and meet your laundryman to give the clothes. This way, you can reduce your tension.

Cooking time

Oh! Your mother-in-law loves food that you cook. Then, use the flexible time for cooking. You will remain fresh in mind and can cook well. These days, mother in laws are also supportive and share your work ambiance with her. After all, she will not kill you.


Guests arrive 
                
Do not become a boring host for your guests. They come here to spend a few days with you and your family. So, keep them busy and do not let them feel boring. You can discuss the matter with your clients and even take fewer assignments to complete for a few days. This way, you can keep of your both clients and guests happy.

Checking Emails frequently

Stop checking your Email when you are with family. This will hamper your family relationship. When you are over with your working hours, you enter into the world of family. So, be loyal to your relationships.

Beforehand planning

You are assigned to new projects within stipulated time. Let your family members know about the time limit to get more support. So, you do not feel guilty to your client and family.

Outsource your work

The established freelancer may outsource the work. You have to share some of your profit, but you get more time with family. Experienced freelancer finds this opportunity great and relaxing.

Balance your family and work life without any fear. Happy Freelancing!

You Might Also Like

0 comments




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers