4 perspectives that only a married daughter can understand when they visit Mommyland

02:31

Oh my God! My tantrums and childlike behavior was always a headache for my Mom. Her sacrifices, tolerance and patience are above any boundaries. Wherever I am today, whatever I achieved today was only because of her love, support and care. Moms are our very first comfort zone since we are born. “MAA”, I love You, “MAA”, You don’t understand, “MAA, just leave me alone. “MAA, don’t worry I will be on time. These are just a few daily words that we say to our mothers each day either over phone or at home.

You never demand anything nor did you force me or control my thoughts. Thanks Maa for giving me that space and most importantly your principles are so pure that it helps me to become grounded by heart. May I look tough very tough from outside, but inside you know who I am. Now, I am standing in the same position where you were so many years back. Each day is a new challenge for me and sometimes I just cannot bear the storm and I need your comfort MAA. But, then I resist myself to fight my own challenges like my mother did and always be like her. When I wear a saree and put a Bindi on my forehead and look into the mirror, I can see your reflection as a strong woman and yes I am beautiful inside.

Now that we are either over phone or video call most of the time, I Miss You every single day.



Here are my 4 perspectives that only a married daughter can understand when they visit Mommyland:

Tears of Joy- Moms are full of “Cry Tank” and the moment you reach Mommyland there happiness knows no boundary and it reflects through the tears. It’s such a sweet gesture. Their love are boundless and no woman can replace their love. That’s why, Mom are so special.

Platters of your favorite food items- Time is short and desires are big! Most married daughters are over stuffed with all their favorite food items. Even if you tell them that you can cook, still it is Mom’s heart and not going to listen. This happens to me every time I visit Mommyland I am stuffed with Mom-cooked food and it is incomparable feeling for the lifetime.

She becomes a gadget freak- Whenever I visit Mommyland she comes up with her mobile phone or Tablet, to learn each new technique so that she can stay connected with me any time. Technology brings Mom and Daughter after marriage very close and we can always see, talk and feel virtually so as to reduce the distance gap.

Mom talks to her shopping critic- You must remember the days when you were the best critic of her dressing sense, which jewelry, purse or shoe will go with which dress and you would help her in shopping. Now that you are not here, she always shops herself and she will open up with her shopping treasure box so as to get your advice. It is my situation every time. Is it your situation too?

Sometimes I think “Thank You” falls really short in front of your sacrifices and unconditional love. I am proud that I am your daughter. Why only me? Every daughter and son in this world is proud of their Mothers because we do not know what storm they have faced in their lives to make their child a successful person.

Your love is only my strength…. I LOVE YOU Maa


Happy Mother’s Day!

#MONDAYMUSINGS

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Though I am just 5 kms away from my Maternal home, I still can relate with almost all the things. Nice psot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Upasna, that my post makes you feel the same actually every girl after marriage feels the same

      Delete




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers