Marriage: Differences are the Compliments

09:37




Today, my marriage has become 6 months old and first heart touching words I heard from my husband is “You look tough outside, but actually you are soft inside… like a Coconut”

I pounce back “Me a Coconut”…errrrrrrrrr. But, jokes apart, I truly smiled inside that how a new person in my life understands me so well. I think that is why it is called BETTER HALF.

These 6 months are really the happening phase of my life. When a girl enters into a new family as the bride, she has many responsibilities. Didn’t I sound stereotypical? I cannot help because even my parents teach me these words. But, clapping with one hand is not possible. So, responsibilities come from both ends. That is where; my husband opens his arms for me. It takes time to understand a new family, the strength of a family and most importantly shortfalls of the family.

Every girl is an individual before she is a wife or a new member in the In-laws family. In-laws making her comfortable in the new family encourage her to appreciate the family members and vice-versa. My husband always provides me the space, which I deserve. As individuals, we are totally different to each other. Still, we are taking lovely efforts to understand deeply.

I think it is good to be different as an individual. In that way, you know the strength and weakness of each other. The reasons are simple:

New difference, new growth- Talking about the same topic will bring boredom at certain times. But, if you have two different topics, then you definitely share more knowledge. I like to talk about romances while my husband is too practical. Sometimes, it irritates me, but later on his practical knowledge helps me to take strong decisions for myself and my dreams.

Opposite attraction is strong- Difference in view leads to conflicts. The question is not who wins, but how we meet these challenges and get success in our relationship. Each day brings something new in our relationship. Certainly, attraction of opposite personalities always works. (Well, god’s grace it is working in my case.)

Balance in married life- Understanding in married life come if you understand your partner. I am a girl with too much life, friendly, energetic, impatient and great dreamer. Well, my compatible husband is calm, patient and practical. Initially, it takes time for us to understand each other. But now, that we know each other’s persona we are in a magical journey called MARRIAGE.

In the matter of values, we are like-minded people who live simple life with a positive outlook. Now, whenever there are any differences between us, we are clear to sort the problems sooner.



You Might Also Like

0 comments




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers