A letter To Mother on Mother's Day

03:33

I am writing a letter about how a mother teaches honesty to her child with the Max Life Insurance i-genius #YoursHonestly activity in association with BlogAdda.


My dear lovely Maa,

It was 27th September, 1987 when I first met with you crying out loud so that you can take me in your arms and embrace me with all your love. For me, you are my comfort zone where I can rest my body and talk for hours. I am blessed to have you as my mother. The rules and principles you taught me are indispensable and still works today though I am a married woman now.

You never showed extra pamper and spoon-fed me during my growing age and I am grateful to you Maa. You make me a self-independent, confident girl and I can take care of myself in any situation. It is your confidence in me that make me so strong in life. Even if I cry, or breakdown in any situation I can again stand up and face the reality of the world. Maa, did you remember?-One day when I was coming from school and it was so hot outside that you want me to wear light clothes in the house, but I wanted to wear heavy dress. You got so angry that you make me wear 17 dresses and like a “fat cat” I had my lunch after that. Ha ha ha…I know you remember and you must be smiling now. Within 10 minutes, I understood why you said me to wear light clothes and stay relaxed during summer. After so many years, it only bring giggles on my face.

You never express your care through words, but your action says everything. In another incident i.e. in my cousin’s marriage, I could not take part because of my graduation exam and when you asked “what I ate?” I told you the truth of PG food, but later on my cousins told me that you were crying silently and you did not ate the menus of the marriage. A Maa can only make such sacrifices. I accept, that I did not have a friend like relationship with you, but your honesty taught me to become an honest person. When I had a first relationship in my life, it was you whom I told first and never lie to you and it was “you” who told me whether the relationship will work or not. Today, I am lucky that I follow your words and understand how is our society? Though lately.

#YoursHonestly

Dipannita (Anwei, munai)

You Might Also Like

0 comments




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers