EQUALITY IN HOUSEHOLD CHORES

09:13


“I am writing for the #ShareTheLoad activity at BlogAdda.com in association withAriel.”

“Sharing is Loving”

I am 28, I am a professional and I am married. My husband and I share a good rapport, but when it comes to sharing household chores I am quite lucky. He is a modern age man who does not feel shy to share the household work with me. I must say, he is a great cook and after office, he spends more time in the kitchen helping me in cutting vegetables, washing the utensils and cooking. It is good to see him cooking because he is a foodie and me too and when I am bored with my cooking, he is there to help me out. The good thing is that when he is in the kitchen, I can look after the laundry and cleaning of the house at weekends. Trust me, it saves our time and we spend quality time in the evening.

Are you jealous? Well, it is not your fault if your man is not helping you in the household chores. After all, we live in India and we are blessed with patriarchal ideology. 90% of men love to give orders to their wives and the “Sati Savitri” women are ready to oblige the orders of their “Pati Parmeshwar”. Thanks, that my husband belongs to that 10% who understand the equality in household chores and never leave me alone with washing, cleaning, laundry and cooking. India’s social custom did not allow the men to work at home and if they do so they are called “ladies”. It is a sick mentality, but it is changing slowly because of the nuclear family concept. Most couples live in metropolitan cities because of work commitments and at the end of the day doing these household chores give them the time to spend together and exchange sweet words.


Don’t you think sharing the household chores is a good idea? Most importantly, it will help you come closer to your partner both psychologically and physically. After a tiring day, a sweet smile of your spouse will fix your spoil mood and increase the level of happy hormone. In fact, the household chores make you active and fit and you can overcome the drowsiness. I know, society does not take this matter in a good way and not even your in-laws. But, it is the understanding between you and your partner that will strengthen your relationship and everyone will understand automatically. To me, there should be equality in household chores and share a good bond as a happy married couple.

You Might Also Like

0 comments




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers