A weekend trip to siliguri

10:57

Last week we went to Siliguri, West Bengal. It is our hometown and much needed break for me and my husband. For last 3 months my mother-in-law and father-in-law is staying with us in Kolkata. So, it is really very hard for us to find ‘couple times’ as we both have our work commitments plus household duties. I leave for office at 9.00 A.M and return home at 8 pm and after that I had to take care of the household chores, cook for my family and take care of the entire family including my brother-in-law who works in TCS and stay with us in Kolkata.

It was November last year that I met with my parents and visited Siliguri. It was my inner frustration that exploded on my husband and finally he decided to take me to Siliguri for a small vacation. I was very happy and finally relaxed to spend some time with my husband. We book our tickets for last Friday and we came back to Kolkata on Monday morning. It is an overnight journey from Kolkata to Siliguri. I was very happy and was like the top of the world. We shared lots of words with each other and it was a very soul satisfying for both of us.

Unfortunately, our journey was late by four hours and we reached Siliguri in the afternoon. But, that does not matter when you are coming close to your roots, parents and love. After we reached, we visited our house and then reached my parents house and finally took rest there. We were lucky to taste the delicious dishes made by MAA and all of us speak out our heart to the fullest after so many months. In the evening, we are all ready to visit my uncle’s house and they were overwhelmed as it was my first visit with husband after marriage. I and my sister talks a lot and it seems that the discussions are endless.

After the visit, my husband and I went to the market for some street shopping in my Scooty and suddenly there was a hailstorm, wind blowing heavily and it was raining cats and dogs. We took a shelter in a shop. Due to heavy storms, there was no electricity and when the rain finally stops, we came back home. We enjoyed candle light dinner at home and it was little freezing outside. Overall, the feeling was just awesome after a long time.

Image Source_Google

After a long time, I slept in my room and all my childhood memory flashes in front of eyes. Immediately, I share some  of my sweet little memories with my husband  and most sweetly he listened to each of my words and was taking part in the communication with interest. Next day, we head out to Sukna in our Scooty, it is a place near Siliguri. The chill breeze and the hillside river completes our day and make the trip refreshing like never before.

Hillside River



Did you like my post? Please share because sharing is caring… So, when are you planning your weekend trip?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It was lovely reading your blog post. Famous for its tea estates, Siliguri (Shiliguri) is the Gateway to North East India as it lies on the thin strip of land connecting the mainland and the latter. Click here to explore more about Siliguri tourism.

    ReplyDelete




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers