Mistakes Teach you Lessons

06:07

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new". - Albert Einstein. It is just a perfect quote for my life. But, before knowing this quote, it is my Papa who always taught me or guide me in such a way that even if I make mistake, I got to learn from my mistake. I still remember one incident which I want to share with all you.

Once I had to go Bank to submit a Demand Draft and I asked my Papa, “Which section shall I go on the Bank to submit this DD?” I was barely 16 or 17 years old then.

He replied, “As you enter the bank main door, left hand side cabin”. I, like an obedient kid followed his words went to Bank and stand in a queue for atleast 45 minutes and when my turn comes the man told me “This cabin does not take Demand Draft and you have to go upstairs”. I was agitated and went upstairs.

This time, I used my brain and asked the peon sitting at the corner where is the section where I can submit the DD?” He was kind and showed me the direction i.e. upstairs. I was happy to know that Cabin man was true.

Later at home, I told the entire story with a pride that what a 16-years old kid did in the Bank. My father smiled and laughed and when he said the truth, I was like WHY?.

He told, “I know I gave you wrong direction and you had to waste your 45 minutes and then you use your brain and act smart to complete the task without any waste of time.”

Many of you would agree with me or may not agree to think why a father be so rude. But, trrust me, It was not a rude action of him rather his action forced me to rethink and take action accordingly. Later in life, I made many mistakes while trying or exploring new things in life, some are successful and some are unforgettable nightmares, but these mistakes also made me a confident, independent and smart girl who can actually takes her own decision and at the same time not to forget family principles or hurt others feelings with personal decision.

I think, mistakes always include risk in life and you have only one life. Why waste your time playing always safe? Take some risk knowing your limits, have some adventure but do not hurt others and not even yourself. That’s It! After all, these mistakes are your experiences in life.
Have you done any mistake in life? What lesson have you learnt? Do share with me, I will be grateful to hear from you.

Love you Loads


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. We wouldn't be wiser and stronger without our mistakes.
    Thanks for sharing your life lesson. I'm sure many would benefit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Lux. Until you make mistake, you never learn life's lesson.

      Delete
  2. I'm a master in making mistakes. :P

    ReplyDelete




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers