My Independence Day

05:54



Jai Hind….

Yes, today is the official day when we got our Independence, the end of British Raj from India. Since my childhood days, this day was marked as a patriotic day at home and even in my school and college with always something different idea.

Each Indian family love to celebrate this day in their special way. But, actual Independence lies in our thoughts. The day always starts with Flag Hosting, Sing on the tune of National Anthem and the entire family watch Prime Minister’s speech on DD National followed by the cultural programmes

It is Saturday and my weekends are really busy to take care of laundry, special breakfast followed by lunch and look into the other household chores properly.  But, my Independence Day started with a little twist. The Man of the House took the charge of everything and My Cup of Tea was already waiting for me before I woke up from the bed. Now, which women will ever say NO to such a morning especially working women?

“What will you have for breakfast?” I asked

“You don’t have to cook Today, I will make the breakfast.” The Man of the House replied

Ah! I was happy and wink him with a smile.

My Special Cook


Special AlooDum Slurp!!

One thing I hate the most is doing laundry and to my surprise he helped me with laundry too.

My hubby’s love for photography is endless. So, he planned an afternoon photo session with the Woman of the House. Lucky me and clicked some awesome photos.

Happy Independence Day

Sharing is also an Independence to make someone happy. What can you ask for more? If you share someone’s pain or good thoughts, you become an Independent and strong person and make a better future.

Spread Love, Spread Happiness

I love my Independence Day...

This post is an initiative of #MondayMusings

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. You're one of the lucky ones like me! This is a regular feature in our home!

    PS: Please link to the Write Tribe #MondayMusings post here too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to celebrate :)
    May we all share & care & enjoy the hard-earned freedom everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Anita you are right we should enjoy it everyday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing what we want, living and sharing how we want..Independence has to be about it no :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a cool way to celebrate a special day! :)

    ReplyDelete




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers