Sufferer...

00:23

I noticed the old man sitting on a park bench sobbing his eyes out. I went to him and asked “what happened? Why are you crying?”


He was not paying attention to my words. I sat beside him and lay my comfort hands and told him, “Trust me. I am like your granddaughter.”

“My wife is dead and I have no home, I live in an old age home”, said the man
“No home”? I asked, don’t you have children?

“Yes, I have two sons and their family, but no one has time for a diabetic father.”


I was silent….



This post is an initiative of   #100Words on Saturday and #MondayMusings and  Write Tribe

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I just wonder how children could behave like this to their parents when parents turn old. Whenever I read or see such rude behavior of grown up children, i am forced to think whether i would also behave in the same manner when my parents and in-laws will turn old...???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should not send them to oldage home deliberately...After all, we will also grow old one day...

      Delete




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers