Janmasthami Special: Rava Ladoo

09:56

Today is Janmasthami (the day Lord Krishna was born) and Thursday, a very auspicious day. Thursaday is a day of Goddess Lakhsmi and Bengalis worship this day on every week in the name of Goddess Lakshmi.

Just now, I got the news that one of my University friend deliver a Baby Boy and both of them are fine. Its a great news for our friends's group. As we Indians say, "Ladoo Gopal aya hai uske ghar mein".... Little God Krishna arrived her home. I am also very happy and excited.

Since my childhood, I have seen grand celebration in my Mommyland. My mother consider Little Krishna as her son and consider Him as our family member. Her affection towards Him sometimes make me feel jealous. But, I really enjoyed the different kinds of Prasad Maa used to prepare on this auspicious day. I was really fond of having them at one go. (Hi Hi Hi)

Maa's son Ladoo Gopal


This year, I celebrate Janmasthami in a small affair. I woke up at 5.00 AM and organize the Puja Room and decorate the room nicely. Then, I move to kitchen to prepare Prased for the Ladoo Gopal. I prepared a sweet dish in the name of Lord Krishna and  My Husband appreciate my effort after the Puja. (Happy Me)

I am going to share the recipe of Rava Ladoo today:

Ingredients:

  • Rava 200 gms
  • Milkmaid
  • Half dust kaju
  • Milk
  • Kesar strand
  • Ghee
Process:
  1. Hit the kadai and add one spoon of ghee then add half dust kaju and saute and keep aside
  2. Then put Rava in the kadai and fry for some time. Do not fry too much and keep the white color of the Rava.
  3. Then add milkmaid as per the consistency and continuously stir.
  4. Then add milk and fried half dust Kaju to soften the Rava and cook till the entire mixture roll over completely in the kadai
  5. Keep it aside to cool off
  6. Apply ghee on your palm and take some portion of the mixture and give it a round shape
  7. Dress the ladoo with a kesar strand
  8. You can keep it in room temperature for a few days


Happy Janmasthami To all of You!


You Might Also Like

2 comments




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers