Special Hug for Special Papa

05:15

Like Vicks, I believe in the power of touch and that’s why my Papa’s each hug acts as a relief. I am very close to my Papa and he is my backbone in all my activities. There is no reason for a hug to your father. When I am happy, I hug my him, when I am down, I hug him and our bond is boundless. Being the only daughter, my parents attention was only me (not pampered), but to make a strong human being. He always treats me as “I am no less than a boy child” and encourage me for an independent life, a good career and a rocking future.


I still remember how he supports me during my college admission away from home, learning scooty riding, let me work away from hometown and so on. Each time an incident happened in my life I cuddle in my papa’s arms and hug me to get support. I am blessed to have him, my “Daddy Cool”. He has many nicknames like- “papu”, “pops”, “popcorn”, He he he and an interesting part is that, he responses to all these names. Back then, when Maa used to sit with me on my study table during an afternoon time, I used to count time when “Tick Tock” will give the signal of 5 pm and I can hear the sound of his boots and understand that Papa is back home after a tiring day work. Despite of being tired, he accompanied me to a nearby playground to play football (he is a district level footballer too in his days), badminton with me.

It is the hug that still flashes in my mind was during my “Vidaai” and step out forever from my father’s home to start a new journey with my husband and my family now. We didn’t exchange any words. I just hug him tight and tears roll down my eyes. That day, I saw for the first time my Papa is crying. There was a time when he used to hold my wrist to cross the road,  now, he is the one who gave the hands of his little princess to an unknown person’s hand. Yes, I believed that the men also cry.

I love you Papa. This Father’s Day, I give you a big hug as your gift for such a wonderful life that you show me with loads of kisses. Muaahhh,muaahhh, muaah….

“This father’s day, I am expressing my love towards my dad by participating in the #HugYourDad activity at BlogAdda in association with Vicks.”


You Might Also Like

0 comments




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers