Run out of Scrub? DIY Sugar Honey Scrub at Home

18:09

Winters are really dry. Even if you stay in Kolkata where the 'chill feel' is almost like a Blue Moon, but the dryness in the air makes the skin also dry, patchy and dehydrated. Apart from drinking lots of water during winter, taking caring of skin is very important and when the solution comes handy, then there should not have any harebrained attitude. Right?

Today, my loyal herbal milk butter face scrub is finished and due to cash crunch situation (demonetization), I feared to invest my left over money in hand on my beauty product. For a minute, I was standing like an idiotic creature thinking What to do? Then, an idea clicked and I made Sugar scrub with lemon and honey at home  to give my skin a beautiful gift and solve my cash crunch situation. This turn out to be an amazing DIY product and thought of sharing the experience with my beautiful readers.

All the ingredients are very common and easily available in home so you cannot be a lackadaisical. Here it goes:

1. Sugar- 1 big spoon
2. Honey- 1 big spoon
3. Coconut Oil- 1 medium size spoon
4. Olive oil- 1 medium size spoon
5. Lemon Juice- Half a slice



Steps to Prepare:

1. First, on a big bowl, add 1 big spoon Sugar, then I add 1 big spoon honey and mix slowly.
2. Then, add coconut oil and olive oil and slowly stir the entire mixture
3. Finally, add lemon juice of half slice lemon

How to Store:

I take my empty scrub box, wash it nicely and then slowly pour the entire mixture. You can keep it in the refrigerator to get the cooling effect whenever you use the scrub. But, as the weather is already a bit chilly so I kept it room temperature.




How to apply on face?

1. Wash your face with normal water
2. Take a scrub on your two fingers and apply on the face
3. Now, slowly rub your face in a circular motion from face to neck
4. Keep the scrub for 2-3 minutes to penetrate the oils inside the skin
5. Wash with normal water and pat dry
6. Apply moisturizer after the face dries up.




After a wash, the face becomes soft and smooth instantly and you will just love the experience like me. NOTE: You can also use it as a body scrub and enjoy the complete bath time freshness.

Why the ingredients are good for Scrub?

1. Sugar- Sugar granules are soft and it has humectants properties i.e natural and makes the skin hydrated. As you scrub and some granules enter you mouth, will taste good actually. ☺
2. Honey- It opens pores and remove the dirt, it increase the glow of the skin, it is antibacterial and antioxidant.
3. Coconut oil- It acts as a good moisturizer and anti-fungal.
4. Olive oil- It is a good exfoliating property and reduce aging process
5. Lime juice- It has vitamin C, reduce bacteria, tighten pores, keep away dead skin and give a extra smell to the scrub

Give it a try and it will become your best friend in daily beauty routine.

Linked with http://www.threewordwednesday.com/

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. What great timing! I have recently had some problems with allergic reactions to soaps. I was thinking I'd give something like this a try. Thanks! You made it easy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure Alice...Hope this DIY home stub wonder on your skin like it did to my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll surely try this at home. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Lux... It is very refreshing scrub at home during winters especially. and Happy New Year

      Delete




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers