Missed opportunity with New Hope

09:24

Happy Makar Sankranti!

2016, a New Year with New Hopes. Some days will be good and some days will be really bad for you. That’s not the end of your life. Life is long and so the opportunities in our lives. Today, I really had a bad day in my office and I was completely stressed. May I sound judgmental, but that’s true people change their attitude, behavior in the direction where “water is flowing”. 


I missed a golden opportunity today because of the bad day in the office or just that yesterday I saw a road accident that was about to happen, but the man survived with serious cuts and scratches. I was not happy for the whole day, but then I console myself “may be this opportunity is not meant for me” so “I missed it”, “maybe there is something good coming my way- much bigger and with much vigor.


This is positivity in life. Right?


Back home, I have my family and on this auspicious day, We Bengalis prepare “sweet delicacies” that we called “pithe” in Bengali. After marriage, this is the first time I will prepare the delicacies.


I played safe and prepare only “Patisapta” pithe because I had to remember the idea of making this preparation. Voila! It turned out to be the perfect one like my Mother and MIL. I was happy from inside and was also happy seeing the smile on my loved ones face.

That's my first handmade "Patisapta"

Good things do come slowly, but it really has a great impact in our life. Now, my faith becomes one step stronger that I will achieve my goals at the right time.
There is a quote of Paulo Coelho:





Yes, I will never give up!!!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. loved the quote; and your sweet dish looks yummy (a big sweet tooth and images of lovely Bengali sweets...:))

    ReplyDelete




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers