My Tales of 2015

08:26

The year 2015 taught me many things. I understood, life is not what I used to think, life gives many twists and turns. Yes, I can say it did not start with a good note. Relationship strain, depression and stress was part of life in the first half of the year. My life was like “plain paratha” without any “tarka” and on the top of that there was additional “chili chutney” that makes my life miserable. But, I did not give up my hope and thanks to my husband for his continuous support to sort out all the differences in the family.

To come out from this trauma, I took up counseling session to restore my relationship and understand where the gaps were. I realized that sometimes we need to leave that 5 seconds of our life to stay in peace and avoid quarrel. From these sessions I understood my priorities and overlook the petty issues that was going in my house.  The session came out to be successful one and slowly and steadily I regained my confidence and started looking into relationships in a different way.


To get myself out from this situation, I visited my Mommy land many times. Meeting my parents was a healing effect for me. Due to all the negative things, I was going far from my blog and it truly affected my blog too. To escape from all these nonsense things, I started spending more time with my blog and pen down my thoughts. But, it was just a small ray of hope and in the mid months of the year, I had viral fever almost after 2 years and my health was affected badly. The main reason of the fever was mental and physical stress during the first half of the year. I was completely under medication for 10 days and weak from inside. Finally, I decided to join gym to flush out the toxins from my body and got some ME time in the gym.

September, my birthday month and I planned a sweet and short vacation with my family. Though, it was short, but the impact of the trip was big. It was a like a sunlight in the midst of dark clouds. Later, in the month of November a big shock came to me when my MIL was hospitalized. I had to take work from home option from my office, take good care of her health and do all the household works. It was really hectic on my health.
 
After a few weeks of hustle and bustle, I got a sign of relief and was determined to change my life. I started with my blog and purchased the domain of my blog. 31st December, the last day of 2015, I celebrated with dance, music and food. I forgave all the people from whom I got hurt and wanted to start fresh with new hope and desire.

The year 2016 started with good things and I am looking forward to this year for more strong bond in relationships, new initiatives in my professional life, more time for my blog and most importantly I will carry the education and experience that I learn from my mistakes in the year 2015. Today, I participated in “walk-for-a-cause” initiative by Tata Medical Center, Kolkata for the treatment of cancer patients suffering in North East Region. It was my first time and yes, good things do come to those who are patient.

Happy New Year 2016!

Linked with: “I’m sharing my #TalesOf2015 with BlogAdda.”


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Happy new year... :) I can see 2015 was a big year for you and I hope 2016 will bring all your happiness. Looking forward to your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you finally came out from all the mess and the counselling helped you. Sometimes it's important to seek help for own good..

    May 2016 bring you all you wish for :)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete




Lillie McFerrin Writes

Member of

The Kolkata Bloggers